CND are teaming up with a UK Cyber Security leader in building their MSS SOC team in Reading. We need a range of seniority to join a SOC that has a strong pipeline for 2019 and beyond where their customers are a mixture of public sector and globally renowned brands.
The client base requires the ability to combat nation state backed APTs, devious hacking collectives and all the other challenges that come with protecting sensitive information. The work will be highly technical whilst exposing you to the more commercial elements and challenges that come with working for a Managed Service Provider.
Key Responsibilities and Roles
- Responding to alerts within the SIEM tool
- Working with Customers to configure host IDS / IPS policies.
- Assisting with the on-boarding of new customers and log sources
- Development of SIEM rules
- Performing analysis of log files
- Ensuring customer SLA’s are met in relation to incident response and remediation.
- Ensuring the accurate and full completion of the SOC Status Checks and that any issues arising as a result of the checks or during the shift are recorded and managed.
- Troubleshooting monitoring system issues.
- Reviewing Customer reports to ensure quality and accuracy
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience in using SIEM for security monitoring
- Understanding of network intrusion methods and remediation
- Incident response best practice
- Ability to reduce false positives
- Dynamic malware analysis
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP protocols
- Understanding is ISO27001 standards